Ginger Black Tea With Lemon
Updated: Aug 15, 2020
(Ginger Black Tea with Lemon for sore throat and nausea)
Ginger Black Tea with a slice of Lemon, definitely, my go-to beverage during both pregnancies. I must have had hundreds of cups during the time. Well, I was puking my innards out and the Ginger-lemon black did help to calm it 😊
Ginger and lemon are rich sources of antioxidants. Ginger helps soothe nausea, upset stomach, and your various aches. Ginger has a tradition of being used for the treatment of various ailments like colds, cough, sore throat, nausea, digestive issues, inflammation, and pain. In Ginger Black Tea with a slice of Lemon, ginger acts as an anti nauseating agent to the body. Besides adding a zing to your tea, the lemons are a powerhouse of Vitamin C. Adding a touch of lemon to your tea will give an immune boost to your system.
If you are feeling under the weather, Ginger Black Tea with a slice of Lemon is the right choice for soothing your ailments.
Water - 2 cups
Fresh Ginger (scraped and thinly sliced) - 1-inch piece
Tea leaves - 2 teaspoon
Lemon (sliced) - 1 number
Sugar/ honey (optional) - To taste
How to make Ginger Black Tea with Lemon
1. Take a saucepan, pour 2 cups of water, add thinly sliced ginger and bring to a boil.
2. Once the water starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 7-10 minutes.
3. Add tea leaves and boil for one minute.
4. Turn off the heat, add slices of lemon. Keep the pan covered with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
5. Sweeten with sugar/ honey (if using).
6. Strain the tea into the teacups.
7. Garnish with a lemon slice. Serve and Enjoy.
For best results use freshly sliced ginger and lemon.