Tulsi / Holy Basil Black Tea : the stress buster tea
Updated: Aug 15, 2020
Stress is relative and inescapable. Finances, health, home, workplace, whatever be the reason, we just can't completely do away with it. That's why I prefer a cup of Tulsi tea, on days that are particularly trying. And the best thing about Tulsi is its easy availability. You will be hard-pressed to find a home in India without a Tulsi plant. Even our balconies in high rise apartments boast of Tulsi.
Tulsi is preeminent to Ayurveda. Oft hailed as 'the incomparable one' Tulsi is a natural stress buster rich in antioxidants. It has the capacity to boost our immune system. An adaptogen, Tulsi helps us to cope with all types of stress today’s life will throw at us, be it physical or psychological. So, all in all, Tulsi tea is a great choice. Here, I have included my Tulsi Black Tea recipe. If you prefer a caffeine-free recipe, you can skip the tea leaves and still enjoy it. So, let's de-stress this evening with Tulsi Tea. Happy brewing!
Tulsi tea /Holy Basil Black Tea: the stress buster tea
Water - 2 cups
Tulsi leaves - 10-15 numbers
Tea leaves - 2 teaspoon
Sugar/ honey (optional) - To taste
How to make Tulsi Tea /Holy Basil Black Tea: the stress buster tea
1. Take a saucepan, pour 2 cups of water, add tulsi leaves and bring to a boil.
2. Once the water starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add tea leaves and boil for one minute.
4. Turn off the heat and keep the pan covered with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
5. Sweeten with sugar/ honey (if using).
6. Strain the tea into the teacups.
7. Garnish with tulsi leaves. Serve and Enjoy.
You can use both fresh or dried Tulsi leaves in this recipe.